Recent Group Tours:
On Tuesday Februrary 28th 2017, several TVCUC members attended a tour of the Hi-Flux Isotope Reactor at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
Our guides were Bruce Seifkin and Barbra Pendland (front right) who gave an excellent explanation of it's operation and uses from chemical analysis that has been done for the FBI that is 1000 times better than what is typically available to CSI labs to helping in creating last year the new chemical element Tennesseeium.
The April 4th 2017 General Membership meeting drawing winners were . . .
Jim Blaker, Jane Salmon, Joanne Meyer and Chuck Anderson
General Membership Meeting June 7th 2016, 5:00 pm and it was a picnic! The weather was perfect, the setting superb, and no one left hungry. Thank you from all of us to John and Eleanor Kish for chairing this TVCUC event.
August 18th 2016 Graphite Reactor tour group with Bob Filip.
Talk to Us!
- a program
- an activity
- a tour
- something you would like to know more about
On Tuesday September 13, 2016 TVCUC members attended a seminar at the ORNL Climate Change Science Institute. The presenter was Dr. Rich Norby and his presentation was on the Project AMAZON FACE. This study will assess the effects of increased atmospheric CO2 on the ecology and resilience of the Amazon Forest.
Cable TV apologists keep offering the same tired defense against cord
cutting. When will they learn? Read the complete story here:
May 3rd 2016 Program, "Cutting the Cord" Alternatives to Cable Television.
TVA River Forecast Center
- For Scanner information go to Member Services page.
- TAP (Technology Access Program) accepts empty ink cartridges, computers, monitors, and printers for refurbishing and distribution.
- Bring your usable equipment to TAP, 244 Lakeside Plaza, Loudon, TN 37774. (Ritchie Rd - intersection #10, Lakeside Plaza Bldg 2, lower level under the former Grinderz.)
- TAP is staffed by volunteers so call ahead 865 332-5313 to make sure there will be someone to receive your donation.