The Club Secretary maintains the minutes of all General Membership and Board of Directors meetings.
- Prepares and distributes draft minutes for comment prior to formal approval.
- Provides approved minutes to the Communications Committee for Website posting.
- Prepares official (non-promotional) correspondence.
- Maintains correspondence and document files in accordance with Document Control Policy.
- Notifies the President or other appropriate Club Officer of forthcoming actionable events.
- Ability to take notes and synthesize conversations into Board minutes. Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel or other document creation tools like Google Docs is required.
- No familiarity with technical computer hardware or other software is required.
- The ideal candidate would have past job-related or volunteer note taking and meeting minutes creation experience. A secretarial background would be ideal, but not required.
- Time commitment is 4 to 6 hours/month attending General and Board meetings plus approximately 3 to 6 hours to create, distribute and manage the Board meeting notes.
If interested in either of these positions, or for additional information regarding duties, please contact: